Date Posted: March-6-2017
Closing Date: March-29-2017
Career Level: Skilled
Job Type: contract
Book keeping, financial statements and tax returns for the company/organisation
|1.||Date entry using various accounting software packages.|
|2.||Training, support and supervision of book keepers to ensure timing and accurate work.|
|3.||Create and record adjusting journal entries to ensure financial statements are stated in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.|
|4.||Preparation of working paper in CASE WARE.|
|5.||Meet time deadlines as set by management|
|6.||Prepares assets, liability and capital entries by compiling and analyzing account information.|
|7.||Document financial transactions by entering account information.|
|8.||Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting options.|
|9.||Summarize current financial status by collecting information, preparing balanced sheet, profit and loss statement and other reports.|
|10.||Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents.|
|11.||Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.|
|12.||Guide accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.|
|13.||Maintain financial security by following internal controls..|
|14.||Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.|
|15.||Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.|
|16.||Answer accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations..|
|17.||Comply with federal, state and local financial legal requirement by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements and advising management on needed actions.|
|18.||Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing account information and trends.|
|19.||Maintain customer confidence and protect operations by keeping financial information confidential.|
|20.||Accomplish the result by performing the duty.|
|21.||Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.|
|22.||Other tasks as may be prescribed.|
1) A bachelor’s degree in accounting
2) ACCA or CPA certification
3) Experience in book keeping functions and a variety of book keeping software.
4) A minimum of 2 years auditing experience.
5) Candidates should have a basic understanding of working paper file preparation and financial statement presentation.
6) Preference will be given to candidates with public accounting experience.
7) Graduate with honors degree in any discipline, through relevant subjects as accounting or economics are very key.
10) Ability to reflect on one’s own work as well as the wider consequences of financial decisions business acumen and interest.
11) Organizational skills and ability to manage deadlines.
12) Team work abilities
13) Analytical ability
14) High level of numeracy
15) Proficiency in IT.
16) Communication and interpersonal skills
1) Leadership skills
2) The technical ability and education skills to teach and train staff in book keeping and financial statements preparation, both Manually and with Accounting software
3) Excellent English communication skills-both verbal and written.
4) Perform well under pressure, be ambitious, passionate, hardworking, energetic, punctual and most importantly professional.
5) Ability to pay attention to detail as well as understand the big picture.
6) Ability to prioritize and forecast the future trends and budget accordingly.
To apply for any of the above positions please do the following;
1) Hand deliver to the reception a detailed CV providing the three  references, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer, copies of academic and professional certificates, copies of your identification cards, letters of recommendation if any and a day time telephone contact addressed:
To the Human Resource Manager
SIRACO IRRIGATION COMPANY UGANDA LTD.
Plot2758, Ntinda Kampala
P.O Box 22076, Kampala
2) Submissions are only acceptable during normal work hours that’s between 8:00am-5:00pm Monday to Friday and from 9:00am-4:00pm on Saturdays
3) No late submissions will be accepted
4) No lobbying of any sort is by any means accepted. Whoever does it shall be disqualified automatically
5) Closing date will be march 17th 2017 at 5:00pm
While we appreciate, and thank all applicants for the interest of wanting to work with us, only those shortlisted for the interviews will be contacted.