Date Posted: March-6-2017
Closing Date: March-29-2017
Job Type: contract
Career Level: Skilled
Under supervision, participate solely or with others, in designing, review and overseeing constructions/installations of irrigation projects and ensure defect free finished jobs, negotiate and cause business.
- Investigate proposed areas of water for production and irrigation feasibility checks and investigate proposed areas of locations of irrigation structures and prepare initial designs in coordination with technical team, client and relevant government regulations.
- Under supervision, plans, designs, and oversees construction of irrigation projects and systems for transporting and distributing water to agricultural lands: Plans and designs irrigation fixtures and installation of fixtures to requirements and specifications.
- Under supervision, oversees construction of such irrigation systems as dams, canals, and ditches, reservoirs, according to type of soil, climatic characteristics, water supply, and other factors affecting irrigation requirements.
- Prepare BOQ (bill of quantity) and CAD drawings of all related civil works as shall be required for irrigation project(s)
- Coordinate all technical activities in all SIRACO departmental offices and on the sites to make sure the construction or rehabilitation of irrigation infrastructure is according to the engineering standards mentioned in the project Technical Specifications and to the SIRACO acceptable standards
- Develop and supervise the project implementation plans of ongoing projects, Preparation of work plan for each irrigation works contract under supervision
- Prepare work plan for all subordinate technical staff activities both in the office and on the sites, assist in record keeping and generating progress reports
- Training of trainers and the project field supervisors for Community based organizations and NGO clients before commissioning of the irrigation projects
- Prepare detail design reports that will go with designs to the donor funded projects to justify/account for the spending
- Negotiate on behalf of the company business with clients to cause purchase of SIRACO products and services
- Ability to effectively communicate, present information and respond to questions, both verbal and written
- Ability to organize, multitask, plan and set priorities with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work independently and in team settings.
- Ability to exercise good judgment with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to help with production, scheduling and routing.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across all levels of SIRACO.
Education: Minimum, second class Degree (Hons.) in an Irrigation engineering course
Age: Minimum 26years
Experience: 2years of working experience in irrigation or in a related field
Skills & Knowledge: High analytical skills, knowledge of irrigation engineering mathematical models and hydraulics
To apply for any of the above positions please do the following;
1) Hand deliver to the reception a detailed CV providing the three  references, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer, copies of academic and professional certificates, copies of your identification cards, letters of recommendation if any and a day time telephone contact addressed:
To the Human Resource Manager
SIRACO IRRIGATION COMPANY UGANDA LTD.
Plot2758, Ntinda Kampala
P.O Box 22076, Kampala
2) Submissions are only acceptable during normal work hours that’s between 8:00am-5:00pm Monday to Friday and from 9:00am-4:00pm on Saturdays
3) No late submissions will be accepted
4) No lobbying of any sort is by any means accepted. Whoever does it shall be disqualified automatically
5) Closing date will be march 17th 2017 at 5:00pm
While we appreciate, and thank all applicants for the interest of wanting to work with us, only those shortlisted for the interviews will be contacted.